How you feel in the morning sets the tone for your entire day. If you have to drag yourself out of bed and you’re in a bad mood all morning, you’re setting yourself up for a bad day. If you start your day off proactively, with a positive mindset, you are setting yourself up for success!
How can you change the way you feel if you’re just not a morning person? What if getting up early has always been an issue for you? What if you’re one of those “snooze ’til you can’t snooze no more”, throw on some clothes, drink coffee for breakfast, drag your tired butt out the door kind of people?
We’ve got news for you! You can become one of those positive, annoyingly peppy morning people! It’s all about habit and routine, and the mindset will follow. It’s hard to get into the mindset when you’re exhausted and feeling like crap. So, begin with getting yourself into a routine and the motivation and positive mindset will follow.
- Start your morning with some stretching. As soon as you step out of bed, (or even while you’re still in bed, stretch your muscles out. Not only does this feel great, but it gets your blood circulating, increasing flow to your whole body including your brain. This will help you instantly feel more energized and increase focus throughout the day. Daily stretching will also decrease aches and pains and improve your posture.
- Let the sunshine in. Open up those blinds and let some daylight in! When you’re tired and your eyes haven’t had time to adjust yet, bright lights are the last thing you want to deal with, but soaking in the sunlight is the best way to liven up naturally! Sunlight will biologically tell your body it’s time to wake up and will improve your mood, as well!
- Practice daily affirmations. People who have never tried daily affirmations tend to scoff at the idea, but don’t knock it ’til you’ve tried it! A daily affirmation can be something that you do believe, something that you want to work on, a mantra or anything positive that you tell yourself each morning in order to build your spirit. Look yourself in the mirror and say the phrase in order to boost your confidence and improve your mood.
- Get cleaned up. When you look your best, you feel your best. A morning shower will wake you up and make you feel great. Put on an outfit that fits well and makes you feel confident and put together. When you know you’re looking good, nothing is going to get in your way!
- Play some music. A good song has the power to completely transform your mood. Play some uplifting music in the morning. Get yourself PUMPED UP for the day!
- Have a healthy breakfast. Make time for yourself to sit down to a healthy, fulfilling breakfast. It’s important to take a few moments for yourself to be still, take care of your body and fuel up for the day. Take the time to enjoy your food and a few moments of peace instead of downing a cup of coffee and a granola bar or a breakfast sandwich on the way to work.
It’s important to start your day on the right foot. Begin each day with a mood-boosting routine and, you can easily become a morning person!